Seapark AC are an all-inclusive, all ability, running club based in Carrickfergus. Our members are core to everything we do so they can feel part of, invest in and be proud of their Club, no matter what individual goals they have. Our Coaches and Leaders are all British Athletics qualified so that we can offer a varied and goal-centred training programme suited to all members. Goals drive the training group that best suit you.
Our Training Programme is designed on an 8 week mesocycle and is structured to support and develop all abilities of endurance running.
Runners are assigned to training groups according to individual ability and our Training Programme support runners who want to progress to the next level and push their performance to the best they can be. We promote participation in road running, trail running and multi-discipline events. Our qualified and highly skilled coach team have a wealth of experience in marathon running, ultra-marathons and multi-day events.
The Future – Seapark AC are looking to invest in the next generation for running and fitness in Carrickfergus. Our involvement in Carrickfergus parkrun supports families and younger members of the community with a fun, friendly and free 5k timed run every Saturday @ 9:30am at The Amphitheatre. Coaches and Leaders from Seapark are also involved in the design and delivery of the Jog Carrickfergus programme which can progress runners from 0 – 10k.
Everyone is made welcome and our membership is open to all (14 years and over) on completion of an application form and subject to acceptance by the Club Committee.
For more details please visit the dedicated Membership Section here. We look forward to welcoming you at Seapark!
Until 1986 Seapark AC was based at the Carrera’s Tobacco Factory in Carrickfergus. The Club consisted of a few keen employees who met regularly to train at Seapark, Carrickfergus.
In 2006 a small group of local Carrickfergus runners, led by Gary Connolly, decided to relaunch the club. The Club’s aims were agreed “to promote all forms of running and racing within the Carrickfergus Borough”
In 2008 the Club ran their inaugural Handicap Series of races including 5k, 5 miles and 10k road races and a shorter trail race held in Cairn Forest. The series runs from April to September each year and is very popular with members demonstrating improvement at an individual and club level.
The navy and red vests of Seapark AC are always sure to be seen at race meets throughout Ireland as the club endeavour to attend as many races as possible during the year. To date Seapark Athletes have been represented in marathons in Edinburgh, London, Amsterdam and Krosno to name but a few.
1. Membership opens in January of each year and all persons 14 years of age and over are eligible to apply.
2. Classes of Membership are as follows
Full – Senior (18+) £45 Full – Junior (14-17) £25
Associate £25 (does not include registration with ANI)
3. Members shall complete an official club Membership Application form on joining the club and annually prior to the AGM, the date of which will be notified to all members in advance. Membership forms will be returned to the Club Secretary, who shall retain the forms confidentially and securely, in compliance with current legislation. Members shall agree to, and be bound by, the club rules as stated in the Constitution, a copy of which will be provided to all members on joining or renewal.
4. In line with Atheltics NI (ANI) registration dates Seapark AC are required to register all athletes by 1st April ’16.
6. Membership fees are determined by the Management Committee annually, prior to the AGM; members will be advised of the membership fee at the time of notification of the AGM, on application to join the Club, and on request.
Facebook - SeaparkAC and Storming The Castle